Thursday, November 17, 2011

Review: A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries Book #1) by Elizabeth Hunter

A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries Book #1)

Description

A phone call from an old friend sets Dr. Giovanni Vecchio back on the path of a mystery he'd abandoned years before. He never expected a young librarian could hold the key to the search, nor could he have expected the danger she would attract. Now he and Beatrice De Novo will follow a twisted maze that leads from the archives of a university library, through the fires of Renaissance Florence, and toward a confrontation they never could have predicted.

A Hidden Fire is a paranormal mystery/romance for adult readers. It is the first book in the Elemental Mysteries Series.

Book Details 

Title: A Hidden Fire
Author: Elizabeth Hunter
Genre: Paranormal mystery/ Romance
Publisher: E. Hunter
Release Date: October 13, 2011 
ISBN: 0013283251
ISBN13: 2940013283251
Source: Author

Review

OK, first did you look at the cover?…well look again, awesome right? I love it! The cover fits the story so perfectly, too. Which for me just does not happen often enough.

Well let me just get this out of the way: I loved A Hidden Fire! In fact when I finished the last page I gushed about it to my husband for about fifteen minutes before I realized I needed to shut up and come write it all down. I will admit that when I got the review request for A Hidden Fire It was the cover that drew me in and then I thought the blurb sounded interesting. I had no idea how wonderfully impressive  it was going to be!

The characters that Elizabeth Hunter has created are the driving force behind A Hidden Fire. I fell for each one for different reasons as they all had such depth and flavor. Beatrice has her life mapped out, she is on her way to becoming a research librarian when things take a startling turn. Beatrice: she was smart, trustworthy, and cunning. I would love to be a bit more like Beatrice. Gio has been around for…well lets just say the man has been around for a long time :) Gio needs to get close to Beatrice, so he starts to work with her. Gio being the old guarded man he is never would have thought he was ever in any danger of having feelings for a girl like Beatrice.

This is were Elizabeth Hunter really got me. In almost every adult book that is some form of Paranormal Romance the two main characters are flinging each other’s clothes of and having sex by the middle of the book (not that I have a problem with that). This was not the case in A Hidden Fire Beatrice and the oh so HOT Gio did not follow the PNR formula and it was lovely to truly not know what was going to happen next.

I also enjoyed all the fun elements that were put into A Hidden Fire Like two extremely old vampires who love pro wrestling and when they are questioned about it instead of just saying they enjoy it, they have to try to explain the philosophy behind why  it is so wonderful. Another great aspect was the elemental power that each vampire had, it was a nice twist on vampirism itself.

A Hidden Fire is amazing! You need to go pick it up. I am so excited for the sequel This Same Earth, that comes out December 7, 2011.

Happy Reading,
 Signature

Loved it! I want to know about everything this author writes.

Recommended For
Older Teen and Up: For language, violence, and kissing.

Other Books In This Series          
This Same Earth (Elemental Mysteries Book #2)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Rebecca! Mystery...librarian...archives...Renaissance Florence.... The synopsis pretty much contained all the hot buzzwords that make my heart flutter. I am so glad that the story itself met your expectations and that it was absent the formula. Going to add it to my wishlist now. Thank you!

    New follower~

    Stephanie ~Misfit Salon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Ohh... I completely understand the sense of novelty you got with a slower evolution of the love aspect. I think I'm going to read it just for that reason!

    Well, okay, and vampires. I have this huuuuge thing with vampires...

    Thanks for the review!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!