Friday, June 15, 2012

Book Shop Stop #1

I have been in Williamsburg VA all week. I had a great time while I was there and wanted to show you one of my favorite bookish finds.

photo 
Mermaid Books was such a fun quirky book store. This gem of a store was filled with used books and great treasures.

photo (1)
My girls and I going down to Mermaid Books

photo (2)
Isn't this door awesome?!?! There are Mermaid statues and figurines all over the store.

photo (3) 
Of course we had to grab some mermaid reads while we are there!

photo (4)
If you find yourself in Williamsburg VA make sure you check out Mermaid Books.

Do you know of any amazing bookstores I don’t know about? If they have a website let me know about it in the comments:) I live in the upstate of SC, so if you know of any bookstore gems in my neck of the woods tell me about them and I will do my best to give them a visit.

Happy reading,
Signature

16 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! There's like NO cute little bookstores in my area. Stupid Barnes and Nobel has taken over. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a BAM, but we also have two cute independents:) I hope to do a post on them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND[!] you can't beat finding two Stephanie Plum series books at bargain prices for $2 each!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I lived in Virginia Beach, VA for six years and loved going to Williamsburg. Great find in rhe bargin bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to go to Virginia Beach the next time we go.

      Delete
  5. That looks like a cute store! I've always told myself that if I owned a store, I would sell secondhand books and other items of interest, like antiques and curiosities. Mermaid Books looks like exactly the type of store I was thinking of. =]

    In North Texas, there is a store called Recycled Books. It's a secondhand book/video/music store in Denton's town square that is in what used to be an opera house:

    http://www.recycledbooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked through the site. Wow! That store is HUGE. I wish I was close so I could go...Looks like you could spend hours it there.

      Delete
  6. Mermaids and used books. What an amazing combination.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This store looks like a lot of fun. The name, sign and door are all very whimsical. It is fabulous to stumble upon places such as this. I do not know of any in your area, or in my area for that matter. I will tell you of one in South Kortright, NY, a little blip on the map. It is called The Bibliobarn and the whole thing is a site to behold. The store is in a barn that has been beautifully restored. The gentleman who runs the place is very knowledgeable and kind. He covers each book that leaves his store and will offer to make his sincerest attempt to locate any old book, no matter how rare. The store is huge, as you can well imagine as it is in a barn. If you ever visit a town near South Kortright, it is well worth a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool! I live in GA on the border of SC and GA near Lake Hartwell. Mermaid Reads looked so awesome I would love to go there sometime! I love the smell of old books. I know I am weird but they have this timeless smell. Glad you had a good time!

    You have a new follower here too!

    Amy
    www.readtomyhearts.blogspot.com
    www.superreadingkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live really close to Hartwell too:) Old books do have that timeless smell...Makes you smile.

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!