Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Guest Review: The Possession of Cassie Quinn by Kathryn Knutson

I am so excited to have Alisa from Picture Me Reading here today! I LOVE Alisa’s awesome way of reviewing books, which you can experience below. One other super cool thing about Alisa’s Picture Me Reading reviews, sometimes they are accompanied by audio of Alisa and her husband discussing the book she has picture reviewed. These audio discussions really add something special… I am sure this has nothing to do with her husbands… Um… Voice and accent… Yeah, you just go listen to the last discussion you will totally hear what I am talking about;) 

 The Possession of Cassie Quinn

Title: The Possession of Cassie Quinn
Author: Kathryn Knutson
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: North Star Press of St. Cloud, Inc.
Release Date: June 1, 2012
ISBN-10: 0878395989
ISBN-13: 978-0878395989
Goodreads   Amazon

A long, dark driveway towards an old farmhouse. A new stepsister with a nasty streak. A little sister who runs off. Something sinister lurking in the woods. Cassie Quinn's new home comes with . . . complications. Cassie never believed in ghosts before. But now she is receiving strange messages, telling her to stay out of the woods. Are the messages just a ploy by her stepsister? Or are they warning her of an evil that stalks the shadows of the woods beyond her home?

Review


possessionofcassiequinn


About this Blogger




I am a 30-something year old artist and art educator. I am a geek with some nerdy tendencies and that informs what I tend to like to read. I love period dramas, romance, fantasy and science fiction.  In my free time I like to draw, write, go to movies and of course read.  I like stories with strong female leads and I love a story with a good old-fashioned knock your socks off romance. My favorite book of all time is Jane Eyre, which I am quite obsessive about! As for my blog I thought that it would be fun to do a book review site, my husband came up with the idea of drawing or illustrating the reviews instead of writing them. I have a silly sense of humor, which I hope comes across in these little illustrations I am doing. I hope you enjoy them and that you get a few ideas for books you would like to read in the future!

14 comments:

  1. I love Alisa's illustrated book reviews too. This is a fun one! The cover of the book is terrifying and the picture of the girl in the house really does look like the girl on the cover. And, yes - why do the characters go into the spooky woods alone? This book might be too scary for me but I enjoyed the review and it really sets the Halloween mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Seriously why would you go out there when you KNOW something creepy is out there ;>

      Delete
  2. Oh no not a cliffhanger!! Even this review is like a cliffhanger- who is that scary person in the woods?? This looks like a fun scary read, I really want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect if you want a spooky Halloween read! That figure is very important to the story!

      Delete
  3. Just the title makes me want to give this book a shot! And I love your illustrated review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for having me! I hope if anyone decides to drop by my blog that they leave a message. I LOVE to meet new people and fellow book bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo it SOUNDS like a scary movie! Great guest review, short, sweet, and very pretty! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just like that, they should make it into a movie :) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I love Picture Me Reading!!! What a creative review... and waiting for the next book is terrifying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I am glad everyone is liking it! I am not sure when the next one will come out..I assume around this time next year! :)

      Delete
  7. This is such an adorable review... lovelovelove. :) I have a fascination with creeeepy books and ghost stories, so this book definitely looks like my my cup of tea. :) But a CLIFFHANGER. No! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you would love this book though the end made me go..nooooo!

      Delete
  8. Asking queѕtіons aгe actuаllу nice thing if you are nоt understandіng anything totallу, but this post presеnts nice undeгstanԁing yet.


    Look аt my web-ѕite: luminesss
    Look into my page : luminesss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!