Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stacking The Shelves #8

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a post for bloggers to share what books they've received to review, bought, won, borrowed or were gifted.

This was a slow book week for me.

For FREE from Amazon Kindle

Wander Dust (The Seraphina Parrish Trilogy, #1)

Ever since her sixteenth birthday, strange things keep happening to Seraphina Parrish.

The Lady in Black… burns Sera’s memories.

Unexplainable Premonitions… catapult her to other cities.

The Grungy Gang… wants to kill her.

And a beautiful, mysterious boy… stalks her.

But when Sera moves to Chicago, and her aunt reveals their family connection to a centuries old, secret society, she is immediately thrust into an unbelievable fantasy world, leading her on a quest to unravel the mysteries that plague her. In the end, their meanings crash into an epic struggle of loyalty and betrayal, and she’ll be forced to choose between the boy who has stolen her heart and the thing she desires most.

Wander Dust is the breathtaking fantasy that will catapult you through a story of time, adventure, and love.



Thrall (Daughters Of Lilith, #1)

Braedyn is a normal girl just trying to survive high school with her two devoted friends, Royal and Cassie. Together they’re doing a pretty good job of shrugging off the slings and arrows cast their way by the popular crowd when a new boy, Lucas, moves into the house next door. Suddenly Braedyn finds herself falling in love for the first time.

But as her sixteenth birthday approaches, Braedyn discovers humankind is at war with the Lilitu, an ancient race of enticing demons that prey on human souls. Her father is a member of the Guard fighting against the Lilitu - and so are the new neighbors, including her crush, Lucas.

As her world starts to unravel at the seams, Braedyn learns the right answers aren’t always clear or easy. And as for “good” and “evil” – it all depends on how we choose to act.

Inspired by the ancient Mesopotamian myths of Lilith and her offspring, Thrall explores first love, strong friendships, and taking on adult responsibilities against the backdrop of powerful supernatural forces and life-and-death stakes.



Have you read any of these???
What is new to your shelf this week?
Happy reading,
Signature

20 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of or read either of them so thanks for mentioning them both! I hope you enjoy them and happy reading! ^.^ If you would like to you can check out my Stacking The Shelves post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wander Dust sounds really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh intriguing! These are new to me but I hope you enjoy them both!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh free! That's awesome! Wander Dust sounds really good! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul. Free is good. I like the cover for Thrall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wander Dust sounds great...I should go check if it's still free. Happy reading!
    My StS post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my STS! Awesome freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got wander dust this week too! Love my kindle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanderdust looks amazing!!! I really hope you enjoy it! Great haul!

    Anna
    Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books look awesome! I have Wander Dust sitting in my TBR pile:)
    Check out my STS:
    http://andreaheltsleybooks.com/2012/10/06/stacking-the-shelves-13/
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know the second one but love the covers I hope you'll enjoy them both. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wander Dust has got such a lovely cover - enjoy reading these two, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive been wanting to read Wandersust for over a year now...I just snatched it up too! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my STS.
    And you got some pretty great books. I never read them but I hear they are good.

    Happy reading!
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  15. I scooped up both of those while they were free too. Hopefully we'll both enjoy them. :]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul !! I love the cover for Wander Dust ;)
    Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this looks good!

    Great books!

    -Marybeth P.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these books sound great! I love kindle freebies :)

    Happy reading & thank-you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh Kindle Freebies! SO many awesome finds! Thanks so much for sharing, I'm downloading Thrall :D

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves #23

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!