Thursday, June 20, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Songs of Magic series by J.L. Bryan


This week I picked a series instead of a single book.

Fairy Metal Thunder (Songs of Magic, #1)

Fairy Metal Thunder

A rock & roll fairy tale.

Jason plays guitar in a teenage garage band called the Assorted Zebras, but they have no fans, no gigs, and they're going nowhere. Even worse, Jason has a crush on their lead singer, but she doesn't seem interested in him at all.

Then Jason steals instruments from the fairy world. Soon the band is enchanting crowds, and Jason is a step closer to the girl of his dreams, but the new gear is brimming with dangerous and destructive magic they can't control.

Their shortcut to success has cost a troupe of innocent fairies their livelihood and turned Jason and his band into enemies of the powerful Queen Mab, who sends supernatural bounty hunters to track them down, including one of the most dangerous horned creatures in Faerie...a small unicorn named Buttercake.

Free on Kindle right now!

Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)Fairystruck (Songs of Magic, #3)Fairyland (Songs of Magic, #4)Fairyvision (Songs of Magic, #5)
Click the cover to go to Goodreads

During the summer my girls and I stay outside constantly. My middle daughter completely believes in fairies. Over the past few weeks I have seen her on many fairy hunts. She is the reason for this weeks pick.

The covers of the Songs of Magic series aren’t the only awesome thing about this series. This continuing series has a way-out-there story that some how totally works and I LOVE it. Each book’s magic has kept me entertained from beginning to end and obviously with this being a Throwback Thursday post I think of the memorable characters long after I have read the last page of their story. I can’t wait to give these books to my girls to read in just a few years.

I hope you hill give this series a try.
Happy Reading,
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!