Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Back to School Book Blogger Challenge: Day 3

Back to School Book Blogger Challenge
Want to join in the fun? Go over to Parajunkee and link up!

Todays question/activity:
Share your most memorable school memory.

photo
When I was in 7th grade I had the most amazing English teacher in the world. I WAS NOT a reader at that point in my life, but when we studied The Hobbit he made that book come alive to me. This man would read The Hobbit to us and do all the voices for the different characters. I got so into it I went out and used all my babysitting money on the collectors edition of The Hobbit.

photo (1)
I have now re-read The Hobbit many times. I never forgot that English class or the teacher (Who is no longer a teacher, but an actual ghost hunter.) that opened the world of fantasy books up to me. I still have the map that was handed out with the runic we all had to learn.

I am so excited to read everyone else's memories!
Happy hopping
 405963466341715050814

3 comments:

  1. I had an English teacher in high school who helped turn me into a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghost Hunter now? That is a pretty cool retirement from a teacher.

    I had an english teacher give me a book that wasnt YA called "The Thirteenth Tale" and i loved it. I never would ave picked it up if she didnt give it to me.

    Looking forward to reading the rest of your posts.

    Ashley
    Books Buying Beauty
    http://books-4-review.blogspot.com/2014/08/day-3-of-bout-of-books-and-back-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a teacher who read Harry Potter to us in the same way! We didn't study it, but it was still a fun break from doing regular school things in the day. The time that that teacher read us Goblet of Fire is the only time I remember being genuinely scared by a book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!